The DOE has released the 2021–22 public school calendar, available now on the NYC DOE website.
Some of this year’s important dates include:
- First Day of School for All Students: Monday, September 13
- Election Day (full remote asynchronous instructional day for all students): Tuesday, November 2
- Thanksgiving Recess (schools closed): Thursday–Friday, November 25–26
- Winter Recess (schools closed): Friday–Friday, December 24–31
Please note the following reminders:
- On “snow days” or days when school buildings are closed due to an emergency, all students and families should plan on participating in remote learning.
- Your parent-teacher conference date might be different from those listed on the School Year Calendar. Your child’s teacher will work with you to schedule your conference.
You can find a printable version of the calendar along with translations here.