Our Parent Association is the official parent body of the Bronx Urban Community Magnet School. The mission of our P.A. is to inspire other parents and family members to volunteer and take part in school and community activities and events. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful group of parents representing our school community. You are our greatest resource!
Mr. Robles, Parent Coordinator
A Community School is a partnership between school staff, families, students and the community to support our students achievement by ensuring that children are physically, emotionally, and socially prepared to learn. As a Community School, The Bronx Urban Community Magnet School offers:
- Monthly events/workshops for families relevant to academic and health issues.
- Mental health and social services referrals are available to students and families.
- Weekly/monthly student centered groups relevant to social and emotional well-being.
- Student Engagement Activities and Attendance Incentives.
Visit our Community Room located in Room 118.
The James M. Kieran School-based Health Center is a primary care clinic right here at school! The clinic is open every school day and services are available to all students. At the School-based Health Center, students can receive services by licensed medical and mental health professionals at no cost to you, regardless of insurance status. The clinic bills insurance, however there are no co-pays for you and you will not receive a bill. Services include:
- Complete physical examinations Immunizations
- Medications and prescriptions Health education and counseling
- Medical laboratory tests Mental health counseling and services
- Sick visits Screening for vision, hearing, asthma, obesity, and other medical conditions
Parents can complete a Parental Consent Form to register students for the School-based Health Center. This form can be picked up at the school's main office or from the clinic. Completed forms can be dropped off with the parent coordinator or brought directly to the clinic.