Middle School Applications were due on March 1st, 2022.
Students who were admitted to our school will be notified through their MySchools Account.
If you have any questions about your child's admittance to JHS 123, you can speak to our admissions team. Please contact Magnet Site Coordinator, Carrie Williams, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-328-2105!
Grade 6 Admissions
We are an open enrollment school. All students who are part of the New York City Department of Education are welcome to apply.
First priority is given to students residing within our local attendance zone, followed by other students residing in District 8, and finally to students residing in other districts within the Bronx.
We follow the standard middle school application process used across the NYC DOE. Rising 6th graders should apply to the middle schools of their choice during the fall of their 5th-grade year. Middle School applications are completed online using your MySchools Account. Families will receive personalized letters this fall with a unique access code to their MySchools portal. Once you have logged in you will be able to browse schools on the MySchools Finder and complete the application. The middle school application will open the week of January 10, 2022, and the deadline to apply will be March 1, 2022.
Your elementary guidance counselor can help you with the application process. If you have questions about how to rank us on your application, feel free to contact us for more details. Visit Middle School Admissions to learn more.
Grades 7 & 8 Admissions
If your child is interested in transferring to our school as a 7th or 8th grader, they can apply to transfer.
Families interested in transferring can visit the Bronx Family Welcome Center for District 8. It is located at 1230 Zerega Avenue, Room 24, Bronx, NY 10462. Call 718-828-7546 for more information. Families can also submit an alternative application on the NYC Magnet Schools website.
Come On In!
Benefits of a Magnet Education
Why choose a magnet school? Here are our top reasons:
- Passionate teachers who bring experience and culturally relevant strategies to their classrooms.
- A challenging academic program that addresses the needs of all students.
- Emphasis on critical thinking skills and authentic experiences.
- Well established partnerships with cultural institutions and arts organizations.
- Exciting and innovative magnet theme-based curriculum.
- High school advisement and support through the application process.
- Commitment to community building.
- Newly designed maker's space and 21st century technology.