Middle School Application Process
We are an open enrollment school. All students who are part of the New York City Department of Education are welcome to apply.
Please be aware the the following changes this year:
- All middle school screens will be paused for this year. This includes academic screens, school-based assessments, composite scores and auditions.
- Students will be admitted through a lottery based system.
- District and geographic priorities, as well as Diversity in Admissions priorities, will still apply for those middle schools that have them.
- The middle school application opened the week of January 11.
- The application deadline is February 9.
First priority is given to students residing within our local attendance zone, followed by other students residing in District 8, and finally to students residing in other districts within the Bronx.
Grade 6 Admissions
We follow the standard middle school application process used across the NYC DOE. Rising 6th graders should apply to the middle schools of their choice during the fall of their 5th-grade year. Middle School applications are completed online using your MySchools Account. The code for the application site will be distributed in the fall by your elementary school guidance counselor and are usually due in the first week of December. This year, because of COVID19, the application deadline is now February 9, 2021
Your elementary guidance counselor can help you with the application process. If you have questions about how to rank us on your application, feel free to contact us for more details. Visit Middle School Admissions to learn more.
Grades 7 & 8 Admissions
If your child is interested in transferring to our school as a 7th or 8th grader, they can apply to transfer.
Families interested in transferring can visit the Bronx Family Welcome Center for District 8. It is located at 1230 Zerega Avenue, Room 24, Bronx, NY 10462. Call 718-828-7546 for more information. Families can also submit an alternative application on the NYC Magnet Schools website.
Family Information Sessions
Did you miss us at our December Family Information Sessions? Want to learn more about our school?
Join us at our next Virtual Family Information Session on...
January 12th (English)
All sessions are from 5:00 to 6:15pm.
Please share with friends and family, all are welcome!
To visit us at another time or for more information, contact us at (718) 328-2105.
Come On In!
Benefits of a Magnet Education
Why choose a magnet school? Here are our top reasons:
- Passionate teachers who bring experience and culturally relevant strategies to their classrooms.
- A challenging academic program that addresses the needs of all students.
- Emphasis on critical thinking skills and authentic experiences.
- Well established partnerships with cultural institutions and arts organizations.
- Exciting and innovative magnet theme-based curriculum.
- High school advisement and support through the application process.
- Commitment to community building.
- Newly designed maker's space and 21st century technology.